The Casa de Mateus takes up the traditional and famous International Music Courses that since 1978 are among the most known and prestigious Baroque Music festivals in Europe. The courses, concerts and conferences take place in the magical atmosphere of one of the most beautiful eighteenth-century palaces in Portugal. This edition brings great names among renowned teachers from previous editions as well as alumni, today with brilliant international careers.
Artistic Direction: Ricardo Bernardes
Pedagogical direction: António Carrilho
- Instrument or voice
- Chamber music
- Instrumental Ensemble
- Vocal Ensemble
Period: 12-18 August 2018
- María Cristina Kiehr – [ES, DE, EN] voice, early music.
- Enrico Gatti – [IT, EN, ES] baroque violin.
- Jacques Ogg [NL, PT, DE, FR, EN] – harpsichord.
- António Carrilho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NL, NO, IT] – recorder.
- Patxi Montero [ES, IT, EN, FR, DE] – viola da gamba, violone and double bass.
- Helena Marinho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NO] – fortepiano and chamber music – open to pianists and harpsichordists.
- Raquel Cravino [PT, ES, EN] – baroque violin and baroque repertoire adapted to the modern violin.
- Michio Ohara [JP, PT, DE, EN] – accompaniment on harpsichord and fortepiano.
- Ricardo Bernardes [PT, EN, IT, ES, FR] – vocal ensemble and Marcio Soares Holanda [PT, FR, EN, ES, IT] – vocal ensemble technical preparation.
Classes: 6 to 10 students per teacher, except for general practices.
Registration, click here.
(Information in Japanese, click here)
(Information in German, click here)
(to download the poster, click here)
(to download the press ad of the Gramophone magazine, click here)